Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Shit People Say to Sick and Disabled Queers

Shit People Say from Annie Murphy on Vimeo.

This is a video me and some friends made last month for the show SICK during the National Queer Arts Festival in S.F. It examines the sick/disabled experience through a queer lens, but there's stuff in there for you straight folks as well. So it's: shit people say to sick and disabled queers, shit sick and disabled queers say to each other/themselves/other people, and repeat! (btw: this is by no means claiming to represent the experiences of all sick and disabled queers. only a few. otherwise it would have to be hours long. unfortunately. Right now it clocks at around 12 minutes. hope you enjoy!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online more than 3 hours lately, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It's lovely worth enough
for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made
excellent content as you did, the internet will probably be much more helpful than ever before.


Take a look at my web blog: Fotografia _lubna _�d_

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those sick/disabled queerish people and that vid was awesome. Thanks for taking the time to make it, and make it funny and full of interesting people. (If I gotta stay in bed might as well have neat ideas & eye candy)